Often the best measure of how well a professional understands a given topic is whether they can teach it effectively.
During my career, I have had the privilege and pleasure of creating and delivering nearly 100 seminars across the country typically related to issues of aging. My topics were typically in the fields of health care law and compliance, employment law and management practices. Attendees were executives, managers and direct caregivers in the long term care field. National presentations have been for the Assisted Living Federation of American and the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management. Related professional publications can be found on my LinkedIn page.
- “Navigating the Aging Maze”. Presentation at the Denver Senior Law Day sponsored by the Denver Bar Association, July 27 2013
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Estate and Family Planners”. Presentation for the Purposeful Planning Institute national podcast, April, 2013
- “How to Earn a Client for Life – Helping Families Plan for and Implement Retirement Strategies”. Presentation for the West River Estate & Financial Council, May, 2012
- Inspirational Speaker for the Annual Conference of the South Dakota Assisted Living Association, October 2007 and October 2009
- “Key Liability Risks and How to Avoid Them.” Presentation for The Fall National Conference of the Assisted Living Association of America (ALFA), Washington, D.C., October 21-23, 2001.
- “Personnel Management as Effective Risk Management.” Presentation for the Annual Convention of the American Society for Health Care Risk Management, Atlanta, GA, October 27, 1997.
Below are some examples of what others have said about my speaking engagements on issues of aging and related matters.
I am available for select training and educational programs for the health care, legal, insurance and financial advisory sectors upon request.